QUOTE OF THE DAY :
"I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming, like his passengers." - Unknown
SONG OF THE DAY :
The Pixies - Where is my mind?
LINK OF THE DAY : The Adventures of #86/68
I rather would entreat thy company
To see the wonders of the world abroad,
Than, living dully sluggardized at home,
Wear out thy youth with shapeless idleness.
I needed a break from my blog. It was the only vestige of my home life when I was away... and now that I'm back I just needed some time to get back into the swing of things, sans blog.
There is no real way I can sum up my trip. I'd love to try, but it would be nearly impossible to do an experience like that justice with words.
So what did we learn? More accurately what did I learn? (Sharing this blog with so many people during my trip kind of makes me feel like you were all with me... awww)
1) Jet-lag is not fun.
2) European women are awesome.
3) Beer is best served in 1 litre glasses.
4) German people are cool.
5) Dutch people are weird.
6) The Alps are pretty damn big.
7) Cacti are pointy.
8) Maps are a valuable resource.
9) Australians are EVERYWHERE. There's one behind you right now.
10) Paris smells like a rotted corpse died in someones colon.
11) People everywhere else in the world don't like George W. Bush.
12) Rugby is awesome.
13) Pigeons must die.
14) Amsterdam... How about that Amsterdam?!
15) Never take a night train across a border.
16) Jesus will indeed pay for the theft of my knife.
17) American culture is being crammed down everyone elses throats too.
18) People know jack squat about Canada.
19) You'll get weird looks if you have a wooden sword strapped to your backpack.
20) Scooters are insanely fun.
21) Italian people are very friendly.
22) Irishmen can drink like fish.
23) Languages aren't that hard if you immerse yourself in them.
24) Being abroad, by yourself teaches you a hell of a lot.
25) There's no place like home.
That brief list of 25 barely scratches the surface.
I hope to scan some of my 405 pictures that I took during my trip, must get the scanner working first though.
I'll be covering some of the details of my trip in the future on, but in the mean time onto more pressing matters.
I start school on Monday! I'm so ready for this. If you take time off from school their comes a point when you just want to get back at it. Yes, I'm just as amazed as you that I just said that... but it's true. I can't wait for school. Should be good.
Had an awesome New Year's Eve. Went to Piccadilly Circus downtown with the boys. It was awesome. Big contingent of Malvernites there too, good to see some of them.
And that is that.
Happy New Year!!!